The sole purpose of this BETA version is to test the use of the wallet, to obtain feedback on its performance and to identify defects (hereinafter referred to as “Testing”). You expressly acknowledge that the BETA version is a test product and may contain bugs, errors and other problems that could cause loss of data stored in the platform, inconsistent performance and other failures including but not limited to systems crashes, interruptions and data loss. You are advised to use caution and not to rely in any way on the performance and functioning of the BETA version. The BETA version is made available to You free of charge and no warranty shall be provided for the BETA version, except for the operability of the BETA version.
1. Use of BLANK Website and Services
- You may access and use the Services in accordance with this Agreement. You agree to comply with the Terms of this Agreement and all laws, rules and regulations applicable in Estonia to Your use of the Service.
- BLANK wallet is the most private, non-custodial Ethereum browser wallet. BLANK uses smart contracts that allow users to hide the amounts and origins of cryptocurrency held, in a decentralized and frictionless manner.
- Using BLANK wallet carries no rights, express or implied, other than the limited right to use wallet as a means to enable access and interaction with the BLANK Services Platform, if and to the extent that the Platform is successfully completed and deployed.
- To use the Services You need to open an account in the Website (“Account”) to be able to access the Services. You have first have to choose either to import Your existing wallet or to create new wallet. You are required to open an account and You must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You will also be required to choose a password and backup password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and account and for any and all activities that occur under Your account.
- You must keep Your Account’s password safe and not shared with third-parties. We are not responsible for unauthorized access to Your Account. You agree to notify BLANK immediately of any unauthorized use of Your account or any other breach of security. BLANK will not be liable for any losses You incur as a result of someone else using Your password or account, either with or without Your knowledge. However, You could be held liable for losses incurred by BLANK or another party due to someone else using Your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder.
- Once the account is activated and You start using the Service You have option to You make a withdrawal from the wallet or to make deposit.
- Withdrawals and deposits are available in BETA version wallet in only test tokens and in Ethereum (“tokens”). Test tokens have no value and they are deemed to be used to test the Beta version of the wallet.
- If You use Ethereum for withdrawals and deposits then You need to fully understand and acknowledge p 8.3-8.6 of these Terms.
- The maximum deposit and withdrawal amount is 10 Goerli Ether.
- The minimum deposit and withdrawal amount is 0.1 Goerli Ether.
- In order to withdrawal funds, BLANK will create a new wallet address for You with the amount of tokens that You requested, which originates from the smart contract where other users funds are pooled.
- The Blank Wallet functionality is based on Tornado Cash private transactions. The tornado mixer at tornado.cash is a tool that allows any address to send or mix tokens in a non-custodial way solely based on strong cryptography. It uses smart contracts, where the Ether or Tokens can be deposited and then be withdrawn to a different address. There is no way to link the withdrawal to the deposit, ensuring complete privacy. This is accomplished by using zkSnarks proofs.
- To make a deposit, the user generates a secret and sends the Pedersen Hash of a nullifier and the secret, along with the funds to mix, to the smart contract. This is called a commitment and is accepted by the contract, along with the funds. A hash function is a one-way function, which means that the hash of a secret can be easily calculated, while it is near-impossible to calculate the secret from a given hash. This property is used to guarantee that only a user in possession of the secret to a given commitment can withdraw funds from the contract.
- In order to make a withdrawal, the user needs to provide proof that they possess a secret to an unspent commitment in the smart contract. zkSnark technology allows to do that, without revealing which deposit corresponds to the secret. In other words, zkSnarks allow users to prove that they own a deposit in the contract, without revealing the exact deposit they know the secret of. The withdrawing address can not be connected to the depositing address in any way. The so-called Anonymity Set shows how many deposits still await for a withdrawal. It is a measurement of anonymity, since the bigger the anonymity set is, the bigger is the scope of addresses that could theoretically be the depositing address for a withdrawing address.
- To further increase anonymity and privacy, several measures can be taken. In order to not allow for external viewers to make a connection between depositing addresses and withdrawing addresses, the withdrawal should not be done right after the deposit for example.
- If BLANK stops or suspends the Service for security reasons, Your account might become inaccessible by You and no further transaction will be possible during the inactivity period.
- The account will have a login history where information about login dates, devices from which the Account was accessed from and respective IP addresses will be visible to You.
2. Your Responsibilities
- Except to the extent caused by our breach of this Agreement, (a) You are responsible for all activities that occur under Your Account, regardless of whether the activities are authorized by You or undertaken by You, Your employees or a third party (including Your contractors, agents or End Users), and (b) BLANK and our affiliates are not responsible for unauthorized access to Your Account.
- You will ensure that Your Use of the Services does not violate any applicable law. You are solely responsible for Your Use of the Services.
- You are responsible for properly configuring and using the Services and otherwise taking appropriate action to secure, protect and backup Your Accounts and Your Content in a manner that will provide appropriate security and protection, which might include use of encryption.
- You shall immediately report any malfunction or defect found while using the Service. The report can be made to the following e-mail address: ____.
- You are liable for the correctness of the information You have submitted to BLANK during registration. In case of changes in the information, You shall update Your Account.
- When accessing Services, You shall not: (i) negatively interfere with other customers; (ii) damage, disable or in any way disrupt the Website; (iii) conduct, pay for, support or in any way be involved in any illegal activities, including but not limited to money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, illegal gambling, illegal weapons sale and drug trafficking; (iv) use any automated means or interface to access Webpage or to extract data; (v) use another customer’s account; (vi) provide false or misleading information to us.
3. Liability. Warranties. Indemnification. Suspension
- To the extent permitted by law, BLANK will not be liable for any damages, losses of profit, usage or data, loss of business, loss of business, failure to use the Service, customers misunderstanding of the Service or any other loss originated from negligence or fraud or otherwise arising out of or connected to the Service or these Terms.
- You shall indemnify and hold harmless BLANK, its affiliates, contractors, licensors and respective shareholders, members, directors, officers, employees, attorneys, agents and suppliers from any claim, damage, lawsuit, tort, cost or expenses.
- The Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or representation expressed or implied. BLANK does not make any representations or give warranties that the access to the Service, use of the Account, functionality of the wallet will be continuous, uninterrupted, timely or error-free.
- You understand and agree that BLANK shall not be liable in connection with any force majeure event, including labour disputes or other industrial disturbances, electrical, telecommunications, hardware, software or other utility failures, software or smart contract bugs or weaknesses, earthquakes, storms, or other nature-related events, blockages, embargoes, riots, strikes, acts or orders of government authority, acts of terrorism or war, technological change, changes in interest rates or virtual currencies or other monetary conditions, and, for the avoidance of doubt, changes to any blockchain-related protocol.
- BLANK may suspend Your right to access or use any portion or all of the Services immediately upon notice to You if we determine: (a) Your use of the Services (i) poses a security risk to the Services or any third party, (ii) could adversely impact our systems, the Services or the systems of any other user, (iii) could subject us, our affiliates, or any third party to liability, or (iv) could be fraudulent; (b) You are, or any End User is, in breach of this Agreement; (c) for entities, You have ceased to operate in the ordinary course, made an assignment for the benefit of creditors or similar disposition of Your assets, or become the subject of any bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or similar proceeding.
4. Intellectual property (IP) protection
- Unless otherwise clearly specified, all copyright and other IP rights of our Service constitute our proprietary rights and are protected by international laws and national IP and copyright laws.
- Subject to the Terms of this Agreement, we grant You a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sub licensable, non-transferable license to do the following: (a) access and use the Services solely in accordance with this Agreement; and (b) copy and use Our Content solely in connection with Your permitted use of the Services.
- The use of such protected material without license or specific authorization violates copyright and IP rights and shall result in criminal and/or civil penalties.
- You may view, download and print the documents from the Service solely for his/her personal use and for own information purposes.
- Neither You nor any End User will use the Services in any manner or for any purpose other than as expressly permitted by this Agreement. Except as expressly authorized, neither You nor any End User will, or will attempt to (a) modify, distribute, alter, tamper with, repair, or otherwise create derivative works of any Content included in the, (b) reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Services (except to the extent applicable law doesn’t allow this restriction), (c) access or use the Services in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas, (d) use scraping techniques to mine or otherwise scrape data, or (e) resell or sublicense the Services unless otherwise agreed in writing. You will not misrepresent or embellish the relationship between BLANK and You (including by expressing or implying that we support, sponsor, endorse, or contribute to You or Your business endeavors). You will not imply any relationship or affiliation between BLANK and You except as expressly permitted by this Agreement.
- If You provide any Suggestions to BLANK, we and our affiliates will be entitled to use the Suggestions without restriction. You hereby irrevocably assign to us all right, title, and interest in and to the Suggestions and agree to provide us any assistance we require to document, perfect, and maintain our rights in the Suggestions.
5. Regulations. Compliance with local laws.
- It is Your responsibility to comply with local laws in respect to the legal usage of the Service and the regulatory qualification of virtual currencies in Your jurisdiction.
6. Jurisdiction. Applicable law. Disputes
- These Terms have been drawn up in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Estonia and the application, interpretation, and termination shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Estonia.
- Any disputes regarding the use of the Service and/or in connection with these Terms shall be settled through negotiations. If the Parties fail to resolve the dispute through negotiation, the disputes shall be settled by Harju Maakohus (Harju County Court), pursuant to the procedure provided by the law of the Republic of Estonia.
7. Term. Termination
- The term of this Agreement will commence on the Effective Date and will remain in effect until terminated under this Section 7.
- You may terminate the agreement with BLANK at any time on the basis provided by law.
- You agree that BLANK may terminate the agreement with You and suspend or cancel Your Account in case of, but not limited to, (i) non-conformity to the requirements from these Terms, (ii) a requirement from any applicable law to which we are subject in any jurisdiction, (iii) an order from a court or governmental authority (iv) unusual, unauthorized or fraudulent activity in Your Account (v) false, misleading, inaccurate, incomplete or outdated information (vi) any other reasons that BLANK deems relevant for termination of the agreement between You and BLANK and suspension or cancelation of Your Account.
- BLANK shall have the right to file claims against You or Your legal representative for a compensation.
- If an event of force majeure occurs, the party injured hereto by the other’s inability to perform may elect to suspend the agreement between You and BLANK, in whole or part, for the duration of the force majeure circumstances.
- Upon termination, suspension or cancellation on the basis of the previous clauses, You will be denied access to the Account temporary or permanently.
8. Disclaimer. Risk
- The Service is provided “as is” and “as available”. Except to the extent prohibited by law or to the extent any statutory rights apply that cannot be excluded, limited or waived. Your use of the Service shall be at Your own sole risk. BLANK makes no representations or warranties including any implied or express warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness or a particular purpose, non- infringement arising out of any course of dealing or usage of trade that the Service will be uninterrupted, error free or free of harmful components, and that any content will be secure or not otherwise lost or altered. BLANK does not warrant that Your use of Service will be uninterrupted or error-free, nor does BLANK warrant that it will review Your content for accuracy or that it will preserve or maintain Your content or end-user data without loss. BLANK will not be liable for delays, interruptions, Service failures or other problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications or other systems outside reasonable control of BLANK. You may have other statutory rights, but the duration of statutorily required warranties, if any, will be limited to the shortest period permitted by law. To the extent permitted by law, BLANK is not responsible for any delays, delivery of failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from (i) the transfer of data over public communications networks and facilities including the internet; (ii) personal injury or property damage or any nature whatsoever resulting from Your access to and use of BLANK Services and/or any all personal information and/or financial information stored therein; (iii) any loss of Your data or content from the BLANK Services; or (iv) any delay or delivery failure on the part of any other Service provider not contracted by BLANK, and You acknowledge that the Service may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communication facilities. You acknowledge that BLANK cannot guarantee the absolute prevention of cyber-attacks such as hacking, spyware and viruses. Accordingly, BLANK shall not be liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or destruction to make or pass on any representation or warranty on behalf of BLANK to any third party. BLANK does not warrant, endorse, guarantee or assume responsibility for any product or Service offered by third party through Website or BLANK Services, and BLANK shall not be a party to or in any way responsible for monitoring and any transaction between You and third party providers of product or Services.
- BLANK Services rely on emerging technologies, such as Ethereum. Some Services are subject to increased risk through Your potential misuse of things as public/private key cryptography. By using the Services You explicitly acknowledge and accept these heightened risks.
- Since You can use Ethereum for withdrawal and deposit please note that crypto assets and markets are decentralized and not regulated to the degree of investment Services then by using the Services provided by BLANK will not fully benefit from the protections available receiving regulated investment Services under the so-called MiFID regime. This also means that there is no central bank that can take corrective measure to protect the value of crypto asset in a crisis or issue more currency. Crypto asset market is determined only by supply and demand and is often highly unpredictable and volatile. The price of a crypto asset is usually not transparent and highly speculative and susceptible to market manipulation. In the worst case scenario the product could be rendered worthless.
- Accordingly, crypto assets should be seen as an asset class with extremely high risks. Given the foregoing, crypto asset are not appropriate for all investors. You should not deal in these products unless You have the necessary knowledge and expertise, You understand these products’ characteristics and Your exposure to risk. You should also be satisfied that the product is suitable for You in the light of Your circumstances and financial position. In addition, use of our Services can never be considered a safe investment rather only an investment with a high risk of loss inherently associated with it.
- Since Blockchain is an independent public or private peer-to peer network and is not controlled in any way or manner by us, we shall not be responsible for any failure and/or mistake and/or error and/or breach which shall occur in Blockchain or in any other networks in which the crypto asset are being issued. You will be bound and subject to any change and/or amendments in the Blockchain system and subject to any applicable law which may apply to the Blockchain. We make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, regarding the Blockchain functionality nor for any breach of security in the Blockchain. You should be aware of the risks that may result from any system failure which could mean that Your order may be delayed or fail.
- You acknowledge that there are risks associated with system over the internet including, but not limited to, the failure of hardware, software, and internet connections, the risk of malicious software introduction, the risk that third parties may obtain unauthorized access to information and/or assets (including Your crypto asset/token) stored on Your behalf, cyber-attack, the crypto asset network failure (such as Blockchain), computer viruses, communication failures, disruptions, errors, distortions or delays You may experience when trading via the Services, howsoever caused, spyware, scareware, Trojan horses, worms or other malware that may affect Your computer or other equipment, or any phishing, spoofing or other attack. You should also be aware that SMS and email Services are vulnerable to spoofing and phishing attacks and should use care in reviewing messages purporting to originate from us.
- The defined concepts that are written in the upper case first letter in the Terms are used in the indicated meaning unless the context indicates a different meaning.
- These Terms set forth the entire understanding between BLANK and You with respect to the Service. You agree to rely only on the Terms alone. These Terms supersede any previous statements made by BLANK or individuals associated with the BLANK.
- The failure by us to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a present or future waiver of such provision nor limit our right to enforce such provision at a later time. All waivers by us must be in writing to be effective.
- If any term, clause or provision of these Terms is held unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that term, clause or provision will be severable from this agreement and will not affect the validity or enforceability of any remaining part of that term, clause or provision, or any other term, clause or provision of these Terms and the invalid condition shall be replaced by a valid condition as close as possible to the outcome and the detail of the replaced condition.
- No failure of BLANK to exercise any right, power or privilege under these Terms is deemed to be a waiver thereof, nor any partial exercise of a right, power or privilege should preclude the exercise of the entire or other right, power or privilege.
- You may not assign any of the rights conferred to You under these Terms without prior written consent from BLANK. BLANK may assign any right or obligation under these Terms without any notice to or consent from You.
- This Terms are provided in English. Any translation has the sole purpose of being convenient for You. In case of any inconsistency, contradiction or doubt, the English version of these Terms shall prevail.
- You can contact us, if You have some question, feedback or complaint related to our Service, by sending to BLANK a message through https://goblank.io/ Contact section or by sending an e-mail to [email protected]